At Carleton Park J&I School we believe that all adults and children who enter our school have equal worth. We encourage our pupils to achieve success by aiming high and realising their talents in a climate where achievements are recognised and all contributions valued and shared. We believe that education is a partnership between all staff, children, and families. This is at its most effective when there is close co-operation between home and school. We value the contributions you can make to your child’s learning journey.
Our school’s motto – Be The Best You Can Be – sits at the core of everything we do in school.
For Carleton Park pupils the curriculum is the sum of all they experience in school. This includes the formal programme of educational provision, the informal programme of extra-curricular activities, and those aspects of leadership, organisation, management and inter-personal relationships that contribute to the development of the school ethos.
We aim to help pupils to:
- Develop inquiring minds, with the ability to question, argue and think rationally, creatively and independently.
- Use language and numbers effectively.
- Develop physical abilities and aesthetic appreciation.
- Acquire knowledge and skills relevant to a healthy adult life, society and employment in an ever-changing world.
- Develop respect for spiritual, cultural and moral values, and appreciation of religions and ways of life different from their own.
- Understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- Appreciate human achievement and understand the value of human diversity in terms of intellectual and physical abilities.
- Appreciate the part they play in society and understand their value and worth.
- Develop the social and emotional skills for positive mental health.
Staff & Parents
We aim to support staff and parents by:
- Developing and encouraging the skills of all adults so as to enhance their competence and confidence in carrying out their responsibilities with regard to the development of the children and their own continued professional development – ‘we’re all learners on the learning journey’.
- Developing the processes of effective communications.
- Giving a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities within our organisation.
We demonstrate our commitment to working as a learning community by:
- Striving for continuous improvement in all that we do.
- Working collaboratively towards agreed common goals.
- Investing in the future of the school through developing its people.
- Developing the leadership qualities of all staff.
- Developing as a community of enquiry.
- Supporting all staff to reach and work at an advanced level.
- Collaboration and learning with and from other schools and organisations.
- Promoting the value of a lifetime of learning.